CLINICAL MAUAL THERAPY WITH OSTEOPATHY TECHNIQUES MODULE 4 / LOWER QUADRANT COMPLEX HIGHLIGHTS
Hip, knee and ankle disorders are commonly treated by therapists and medical doctors. Putting aside direct traumatic causes, clinically, majority of these symptoms can be reflection of dysfunction from the lumbar plexus and/or surrounding connective tissues. Understanding the mechanical linkage of the lumbopelvic complex to the lower quadrant is the key for effective treatment and management of lower limbs disorders. This workshop links the lumbopelvic complex to the dysfunction seen in the lower limbs.
Participants will be taught:
– The kinetic link of the lumbopelvic structures to dysfunctions of the lower limbs
– Manual assessments and treatment techniques for the hip, knee and ankle
– Neurodynamic and neural mobilisation techniques for the lower limbs
– Exercise based therapy for the lower limbs
– Correction of the lower quadrant kinetic chain dysfunction
The workshops are designed for licensed healthcare practitioners, who are allowed to use manipulative techniques in their practice and jurisdiction, including physicians and physician assistants, dentists, physical therapists and chiropractors.